Chair: Brenda Matthews (2015-2017) NRC, Herzberg
- Pauline Barmby (2015-2017) Western University
- Byran Gaensler (2015-2018) Dunlap Institute, University of Toronto
- Lauren Hetherington (2015-2017) GSC Representative; University of Toronto
- Julie Hlavacek-Larrondo (2015-2018) Université de Montréal
Mandate and terms of reference
This committee is charged with the following:
- Taking a critical look at CASCA’s ethics statement and making suggestions to the Board for improvements.
- Preparing a section on the CASCA web page summarizing best practices for hiring and for inclusivity in the workplace.
- Moderating an open discussion session on inclusivity at the CASCA Annual General Meeting.
- Maintaining a database of diverse candidates for colloquium invitations.
- Compiling national statistics on women and minorities in Astrophysics and making these publicly available on the CASCA website.
- Acting as points of contact for people in the community who feel harassed or need advice on issues related to harassment.
- Ensuring that CASCA meetings are welcoming for all members of our community.