LRP2020 is the third in the series of Canadian Long Range Plans for astronomy and astrophysics. LRP2020 will review the field of astronomy and astrophysics, along with associated education, training, and outreach programs, and will produce a list of recommended priorities for the next decade. The resulting plan will serve as a single unified vision for the highest priority projects in astronomy in Canada over the period 2020 to 2030.
Join the conversation
- Pauline Barmby (Western University) – co-chair
- Matt Dobbs (McGill University)
- Bryan Gaensler (University of Toronto) – co-chair
- Jeremy Heyl (University of British Columbia)
- Natasha Ivanova (University of Alberta)
- David Lafrenière (Université de Montréal)
- Brenda Matthews (National Research Council) – ex-officio
- Alice Shapley (University of California Los Angeles) – international member
The proposed timeline for LRP2020 is as follows:
|March 1, 2019||Call for white papers|
|March 15, 2019||Call for CASCA committee reports|
|April 15, 2019||Due date for expressions of interest for white papers. Find the list of submitted EoIs here (spreadsheet) and here (PDF).|
|May 31, 2019||Due date for initial CASCA committee reports
Due date for gap-filling white paper expressions of interest.
|June 2019||LRP2020 information session, CASCA annual meeting, Montréal|
|June 2019||Announce dates and locations for community town halls|
|September 30, 2019||Due date for white papers|
|September 30, 2019||Due date for final CASCA committee reports|
|Oct-Nov 2019||Community town halls:
|March 31, 2020||Release of LRP2020 exposure draft|
|April 2020||Community discussions and webinars|
|May 2020||LRP2020 discussion, CASCA annual meeting, Toronto|
|September 2020||Final report in English|
|November 2020||Final report in French, final release of LRP2020|
This timeline is subject to change.
Terms of Reference
Please find the terms of reference here.