In May 2000, CASCA, in collaboration with NRC and NSERC, released “The Origins of Structure in the Universe“, Canada’s Decadal Plan for Astronomy and Astrophysics. A few months later, the Coalition for Canadian Astronomy was formed to secure federal funding for the Plan. For the first time, representatives of CASCA, industry and academia (through the 20 members of the Association of Canadian Universities for Research in Astronomy, ACURA) have come together to ensure continued scientific excellence in Canadian astronomy.
In 2009, CASCA commissioned a new Long Range Plan with the support and cooperation of ACURA, NSERC, NRC, CSA, and CFI. The final report, “Unveiling the Cosmos: A Vision for Canadian Astronomy“, was released in February 2011.
If you would like more information or to become involved, please get in touch with one of CASCA Board members.
- LRP 2010: 2016 Mid-term Review (PDF Document)
- see also 2 page summary for outreach purposes
- LRP 2010: Website (including White Papers)
- LRP 2010: Unveiling the Cosmos: A Vision for Canadian Astronomy (PDF Document)
- LRP 2000: 2005 Mid-term Review (PDF Document)
- LRP 2000: Website for the 2005 Midterm Review
- LRP 2000: The Origins of Structure in the Universe (PDF Document)
- US Astro2010: The Astronomy and Astrophysics Decadal Survey
- US Astro2010: White Papers
- US 2015 DOE/NSF Nuclear Physics Long Range Plan
- US 2003 Turner Report: Connecting Quarks with the Cosmos – Eleven Science Questions for the New Century
- UK 2010-2015 Science Programme Prioritisation
- UK 2009 Ground Based Facilities Review
- IAU’s 2010 – 2020 plan
- Swiss 2007-2016 Roadmap for Astronomy