Dunlap Institute 2016 Summer School
INTRODUCTION TO ASTRONOMICAL INSTRUMENTATION
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
14 ~ 19 August 2016
The annual Dunlap Institute Summer School includes both lecture and laboratory activities and is intended for students who have finished at least the 3rd year of an undergraduate program or are in the early years of a graduate program, and have a background in astronomy, physics, or engineering.
• Learn basic principles of radio, infrared, optical, x-ray and gamma-ray instrumentation
• Learn how detectors and spectrographs work
• Learn in lecture and hands-on laboratory sessions
• Work with students from around the world
• Learn about a career in instrumentation
• Learn from international leaders in the field of astronomical instrumentation
• Attend a professional development/mentoring session
Instructors include leading instrumentation and observational astronomers from the Dunlap Institute, U of T’s Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics, and from Canadian, U.S. and international institutions.
Registration fee (without waiver): $500.00
Travel subsidies and registration fee waivers available.
Applications and travel subsidy deadline: 15 April 2016
For full details and to apply: dunlap.utoronto.ca/summer-school