Deadline: 10 April 2015.
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
26 – 31 July 2015
The fourth annual Dunlap Institute Summer School is a unique opportunity for students interested in astronomical instrumentation and the discoveries instrumentation makes possible.
The school includes both lecture and laboratory activities and is intended for students who have finished at least the 3rd year of an undergraduate program or are in the early years of a graduate program, and have a background in astronomy, physics, or engineering.
• Learn basic principles of optical, infrared and radio instrumentation
• Learn how detectors and spectrographs work
• Take part in a hands-on Fourier Transform Spectrometer lab
• Work with students from around the world
• Learn what a career in instrumentation would be like
• Learn from international leaders in the field of astronomical instrumentation
• Attend professional development sessions, including one on encouraging diversity in astronomy
Registration Fee (without waiver): $500.00
Travel subsidies and registration fee waivers available.
Applications and travel subsidy deadline: 10 April 2015
For details and to apply: dunlap.utoronto.ca/summer-school
Instructors will include Dunlap postdocs and faculty, and leading instrumentation and observational astronomers from Canada and the U.S. Visit our website for a list of confirmed instructors as it is updated.