Name: Michaela Doyle
Email address: email@example.com
Affiliation: National Research Council of Canada
Research Associate in Radio Astronomy: Covington Fellowship (4822)
Herzberg Astronomy and Astrophysics
Penticton – British Columbia
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada’s largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic Research Associate to support our Radio Astronomy team within the Herzberg Astronomy and Astrophysics Research Centre (HAA). The Research Associate would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
Desired starting date: January 2020*
*The initial appointment is of two years duration, may commence in fall 2019 and may be extended for one further year (subject to performance and availability of funds).
As part of the RA Program you must have received your Ph.D. in astronomy or astrophysics within the last 5 years or you expect to receive the degree within the next 6 months.
• Five years or less experience in astrophysics beyond the Ph.D.
• Experience in conducting original scientific research in radio astrophysics, demonstrated by published papers in the refereed scientific literature.
• Experience with radio interferometry/aperture synthesis and/or single dish techniques.
• Experience with instrumentation would be considered an asset.
• Research Associates will be offered appointments to the staff of the National Research Council on a term basis and will be offered salaries and benefits currently available to Research Officers. Salaries commensurate with experience are taxable and subject to other deductions. As a guide, the current annual Ph.D. recruiting rate is $64,437*. NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
*Salary rates currently under review.
For more information on this job opportunity and to submit your application, visit our website at: https://recruitment-recrutement.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/job/Penticton-Research-Associate-in-Radio-Astronomy-Covington-Fellowship-BC/359715117/
Vous pouvez obtenir ces renseignements en français au lien suivant: https://recruitment-recrutement.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/job/Penticton-Attach%C3%A9%28e%29-de-recherches-en-radioastronomie-bourse-Covington-BC/359715217/