This page collects documents intended to provide useful information about existing space-based facilities with vested Canadian interest and, perhaps most importantly, facilities that are still under development or construction. It is not meant to be complete, and the documents do not follow a common scheme. If there are documents you would like to see posted on these pages, please contact the CASCA Board.
Additional information about space-based astronomy facilities can be found on the Joint Committee on Space Astronomy (JCSA) Webpage and in the white papers submitted to the 2015 Mid-Term Review and the 2010 Long Range Plan.
Recent News on Current/Planned Missions with Canadian Interest:
- latest report from the Joint Committee on Space Astronomy (JCSA)
- AstroSat News (from J. Hutchings, December 21 2014)
- Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
- Canadian Space Agency (CSA): Astronomy Missions
- The James Webb Space Telescope (NASA site)
- The James Webb Space Telescope Near Infrared Imager and Slitless Spectrograph
- The James Webb Space Telescope Fine Guidance Sensor
- Microvariability and Oscillations of STars (MOST)
- Space Very Long Baseline Interferometry
- CASTOR (The Cosmological Advanced Survey Telescope for Optical and ultraviolet Research