We are now accepting applications for the annual Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics at the University of Toronto. Our SURP is a unique opportunity for undergraduate students in Astronomy, Physics and Engineering to prepare for a career in scientific research.
Over the 16-week program, students will:
• Experience what a career in research is like by independently conducting a project related to on-going astronomical research at U of T
• Collaborate with U of T astronomers
• Enhance their computing skills
• Improve their research writing and communication skills
• Learn about research being conducted at U of T
• Have an opportunity to participate in U of T public outreach activities
Students will be funded by the program and will work with astronomers from the Dunlap Institute, the Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics (DAA), or the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA), depending on the student’s research interest, choice of institute, or choice of research project.
It is a unique opportunity to work within a group comprising three units with complementary expertise in observational research, astronomical instrumentation (Dunlap), and theoretical astrophysics (CITA).
The program runs from 2 May to 19 August, 2016.
The deadline for applications is 29 January, and the official offer date is 5 February.
For full details and to apply, visit: